I’ve been away from this blog for a while, working on socialmediachica.com but I came back to check in and saw that my awesome cheerleader Grace, who blogs over at Randomly Speaking Unorthodoxly gave me a Liebster Award. Woot!
So it’s my time to pass the baton on…
Liebster Award Rules:
- You must link back the person who nominated you.
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers.
- You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
Okay, first my answers to the questions, then my nominees, then the questions they must answer!
>> Questions For Me
1. Where are you from, were you born there?
I am from all over the place. I was born (physically) in Kingston, grew up in St. Thomas while going to school in Kingston, then moved to Kingston permanently at age 11. Since age 15 I’ve been back and forth between Montego Bay and Kingston – because I can.
2. Why do you choose to blog?
I am very opinionated. I have a lot of thoughts. I also have a lot of random useful (and sometimes useless, depending on who you are) knowledge that can come in handy. I like to share. Blogging was, at first, a way to vent and share my frustrations. My first blog, which is now taken down, was a series of random and sometimes rude rants about people in my life. Now, I’ve honed it into somewhat of a craft. It’s been very helpful in connecting with like-minded people and even persons who don’t share my views.
3. Do you think writing can some what help to heal depression?
Think? I know! I’ve done it. Writing, especially poetry, has brought me through some seriously tough times. I will sit crying for hours and the moment pen touches paper I’m taking out so much of my frustration in the words that I don’t have enough left to fuel the tears.
4. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
I’m not sure. I used to have 5-10 year plans until I noticed that they never work because my path changes very often, sometimes deliberately or sometimes life just happens. Now I keep 1-2 year plans. I plan to move to Spain on November 10, 2014 and live there for about a year. After that, providing that everything else works out, I’d love to move to Ireland to study Cyberpsychology at the Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design & Technology. (Universe, make it happen!)
5. Do you play an instrument?
Does the recorder count? LOL. Nope. I did numerous piano lessons when I was younger but haven’t played it since. Are piano skills like learning to drive?
6. Are you a professional Writer? If you aren’t what is your profession? Would you choose another profession?
I do write professionally, but my main career is marketing, more specifically social media/online marketing. I would most certainly not choose another profession because I absolutely love what I do. If I had to choose another profession, however, I would definitely pursue some other element of marketing such as event planning or PR.
7. Do you have a bucket list? Care to share?
Visit Dubai and stay in the Atlantis (underwater hotel)
8. Do you write poetry?
Yes I do! Want a sample? *clears throat*
I guess it wasn’t meant to be
You and me
So if you and her
Is what you prefer
Then go ahead
Tappin’ that ass
One time, two time, three time
All the while forgett’n mine
Remember when we used to
Chill and lyme
Sit back and rhyme
Get drunk off each other
Then f*ck til the sun climbs
… (check me for more)
9. Do you believe in marriage/divorce? State with reasons.
I do believe in marriage. I don’t believe in divorce. I think marriage, in it’s truest form, is a way to communicate to a person that you are willing to commit to whatever comes, no matter how messed up it may be. Divorce completely contradicts that. People today get married because they are in love but they need to think about what happens when the honeymoon is over. Will you still want to be with that person if they annoy the hell out of you constantly? If they cheat? If they stop doing the little things? Are you BOTH committed to working through it if things should start to fail? If not, you probably shouldn’t be getting married and throwing those vows around all willy nilly.
10. What are your thoughts on the current battle with Syria?
No thoughts. Not even following up on it. I try not to fill my head with things I have no control over. #shareyourunpopularopinion
>> My Liebster Award goes to:
- Jherane of Wah Name Social Media
- Nas of It’s Nas.com
- Corve of Curve of the Coast
- Emma of Petchary’s Blog
- Sandor of SandorPanton.com
- Karin of YardEdge
- Wade of 13th Street Promotions
- Gordon of GordonSwaby.com
- Dr. Sonjah of Dancehall Geographies
- Francine of Francine Derby
>> Questions Nominated Blog Should Answer:
- You’re all tweeps. Why do you like Twitter?
- Are you also an avid Facebook user? Why or why not?
- Do you remember what your first thoughts were about Twitter when you just joined?
- How are your thoughts about Twitter different now?
- What do you think about the current status of social media in Jamaica, in terms of business usage?
- What do you think is the future of social media? Is it here to stay? Is it just a fad? Are you getting tired of it?
- Where and what can I find you doing on a typical Friday night?
- If you were trapped on a desert island alone, what three (3) inanimate objects would you bring with you?
- If you had to be on a desert island without any possessions, which two (2) people, real or character, would you bring with you?
- If you had your own TV station being broadcast to the world, what five (5) TV shows would you play on it and what movie would be your Sunday Matinee?
So go ahead guys! Answer the questions and then nominate persons you think deserve a Liebster Award. Looking forward to seeing those posts!